St Austin’s R.C. Primary School recognises the value of Physical Education (P.E). We fully adhere to the aims of the national curriculum for physical education to ensure that all children:
- develop competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities
- are physically active for sustained periods of time
- engage in competitive sports and activities
- lead healthy, active lives
P.E. is taught as an area of learning in its own right as well as integrated where possible with other curriculum areas. It is taught at a minimum of two sessions a week.
We teach lessons so that children:
- Have fun and experience success in sport
- Have the opportunity to participate in P.E at their own level of development
- Secure and build on a range of skills
- Develop good sporting attitudes
- Understand basic rules
- Experience positive competition
- Learn in a safe environment
- Have a foundation for lifelong physical activity, leaving primary school as physically active.